2 tbsp of olive oil
750g tomatoes, skin off, roughly chopped
2 x cans of butter beans
1 white onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp parsley
1. Heat the oven to 180°c/160°c fan/gas 4
2. Boil a kettle, place the tomatoes in a large pan and pour on the boiled water. Leave for 5 mins then place them in cold water.
3. Heat oil in large pan and add the onions on a low/medium heat.
4. Fry for 8 – 10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic for 1 min.
6. Add tomato puree and stir for 1 min.
7. Add all remaining ingredients and stir in for 5 mins, adding the beans half-way through.
8. Put into a large oven proof dish and put into the oven for 1 hour.
9. Remove from the oven, add a drizzle of virgin olive oil, and serve